Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Europe Tour in Pictures(3)- Paris

Paris, here I come.
I visited Paris twice, the previous time was in 1991 if my memory still serves me. I like Paris. Of the cities I visited in Europe, I like Paris best. The architectures, the parks and greens, the Seine River, the Louvre....

Tour Saint Jacques, a Gothic architecture, was erected between 1508 and 1522. Pascal has carried out many scientific experiments here.

The Panorama facing southeast from the Eiffel Tower with the Military School at the back.

The Palais Bourbon, the seat of the National Assembly.

The Church of Saint Eustache.


Place De La Bastille.
The July Column was built between 1831 and 1840 to commemorate the Parisians killed in the days of July 1830. The Bastille was demolished in July 1878. The Opera Bastille characterized by its curved glass facade, houses the main auditorium with rotating stage. This opera was erected on the site of the Bastille.

The Arch of Triumph is a landmark in Paris. Being not a French, I attach no importance to it. To me, it is a huge arch on a roundabout with 12 approaches.

No comments: