Tuesday, June 9, 2009

World Religions



I have sent President Obama's speech that I uploaded to my blog a few days ago to many friends even before I read it. The reasons: 1, It is so very important, 2, it is the first time ever since I became aware of Obama as a USA presidential candidate that I started to get serious about him. No, I am no skeptic nor a cynic. I have been critical in my youth but I have been consciously steering clear the path of cynicism and skepticism. It is just that I have been so much bombarded by politicking throughout my adult life that I have developed my safe way of reading politicians.

Now, with that speech delivered in Cairo, I have to look at President Obama in a different light.

I believe in a happy life being profitable to mankind. I believe in Love and Peace.

All founders of the world's major religions preached Love and Peace. Many of their followers believe in Love and Peace.

Religious wars, prevalent for centuries, caused tremendous human suffering. Religious wars are the biggest paradox ever invented and implemented by mankind.

In the period that has just lapsed in this 21st century, the smell of religious war is ever present in the air. Being the top leader of the major countries in which the people are believers of one of the major religions, President Obama is the best person to initiate a truce in religious wars. His background also give him considerable added advantages.

The information of the pie chart I quoted here may not be agreed by all, but I think it is good enough for my purpose. Leaders of Christianity and Islam, being the 2 biggest religions in the world, must take the lead to lead their believers to what their founders preached and squash religious wars, if humanity is to develop in synchronicity with science and technology.

I have no doubt President Obama will want to walk his talk, but it may be my wishful thinking that he will actually be able to.

No comments: